Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Putting the Garden to Bed for the Winter


I've spent the last two weekends trying to finish up the yard/garden work - I think I'm done. Of course, there are things I didn't get done: I never seem to be able to get the garden dug up in the fall though I'd like to; this year, the shed is a Mess inside - maybe, if there's a nice weekend after it stops raining...and before it snows too much...
Brought pine needles from one daughter's yard to cover strawberries & blueberries; leaves from the other daughter's yard for the herb garden, asparagus bed, flower beds & some of the garden. The (pop)corn stalks are covering another portion.

I used a large piece of plastic (from work, I think - surrounding a new filing cabinet) to cover that new bed I didn't get dug this year - maybe solar power will kill those wicked bindweed roots by next spring. I did get 2 new flower beds finished, one on the side & one in the front - I'll do pix in the spring, if they survive. I'm glad to be done!
Still want to get out & take some measurements - I increased the size a bit since last year and INTEND to do a better job of planning for next year (famous last words).

No comments: