Monday, April 28, 2008

Quick Gardening Update

We had some really nice weather this weekend so I was able to get the asparagus roots planted on Saturday. Sunday I prepared another bed and planted peas, radishes, lettuce and spinach. I also dug up a spot for my out-of-control scarlet runner seedlings, but didn't plant them - need some more chicken wire aka "poultry netting."

I cover my newly planted beds with chicken wire weighted down w/rock to protect it from my kitties - they don't use the garden as their own private litterbox...they just LUV to roll in the dirt. That makes a mess of my nicely planted rows & smashed little seedlings.































Rhubarb is coming along nicely.


Thought I had taken a shot of the new bed, but I guess not. Here are some OKP* instead: Spice with the only daffodils growing in my yard,

and TJ: "Take my picture, pleeeze, oh, pleeeeeeeeeze!"

No comments: