Friday, June 20, 2008

OKP* and, All Those Petunias


This is Squawk. She's now my oldest cat (13 or 14 yrs), and the mother of Spice (the calico). She was attempting to get a drink of water from the small opening of the watering can, but the water lever isn't high enough plus the hose is in the way. NOTE: the outside kitty watering dish is the white enamel pan partially hidden from view by mint to the left of the watering can. She appears to be looking at it now.
I would love to know what's going on in her little mind because all she had to do was walk around the watering can to get to the water pan.
Instead, this is what she did:


Of course, she didn't seem to know what she was going to do next - she danced around the top of the can for a bit, then jumped back down. I walked over, moved the watering can & hose out of her way, but by then she had lost interest. Go figure...

Thought I'd add a photo(or 2) of the petunias (the red ones) I potted up for the back yard:





And one last one of some the daisies that reappear every year:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Aunt Carla,
I'm so impressed by your blog & your garden! Your birthday package for Ella arrived & she put the pretty dress on straight away! You scored EXTRA points with her for it being yellow- her favorite color! You have such nice taste in little girls clothing. Thanks for being so sweet to my girls! Talk to you soon!
Love, Shay

JR Clark said...

Good kitty! She's more helpful in the garden than my crew!